Tuesday, January 18, 2011

WTF is going on with people?

Lately, I've seen some... (frankly, there's no other way to put it) messed-up shit.

When I sat in family court to support a dear friend in her ongoing suit against her dullard ex-husband, I saw a mail-order bride taking advantage of an oooooooold man to whom she'd been married for five years (Your honor, he's a millionaire. He's hiding his money in the Caymans. I want my DVDs! I want my money! I want my clothes! I want machines from the house!).  The man didn't even seem like he knew what was going on.

I also saw a man tell a judge that he's afraid for his life and the life of his three-year old daughter because his step-daughter threatened to shoot and kill him and the little girl in their sleep (the step-daughter is TEN YEARS OLD).

I saw people wearing torn jeans and backward baseball caps in front of a judge. 

Later that day, as I was perusing the bargain bin at Barnes & Noble, I turned around to find a man standing so close to me I could feel his breath. That alone freaked me out. Then I realized that he was using me as a human shield to take a photograph of a woman farther down the row. She was an imposing African-American woman who was dressed in normal office attire and carrying a briefcase... but she was wearing white face paint. She was not, as my mother sweetly suggested, an off-duty clown. The woman seemed disturbed, agitated, and sad. I'm glad she didn't see the "gentleman" behind me taking her photo. 

And last night, as I was making my way into Target, I heard a woman behind me screech I HAVE TO GO POTTY! as she bolted past me and into the store (running faster than the automatic-door sensors could react, so she nearly smashed into the doors--twice).

And this isn't even the month when folks normally go a bit off the beam (that's April, by the way, mark your calendar). 

Between the weirdness going on around me and the flocks of dead birds and the schools of dead fish and the dead crabs (crabs don't travel in schools, do they?), something's up.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Maybe I just need some sunshine and a happy pill. (Seems like the folks above do too.)

1 comment:

  1. Laughing hysterically. Can't. stop. to. type.

    ReplyDelete